Museum Reopening on Monday, June 8, 2020
Open year round from 9:00 to 17:00 (last entry 16:30)
※ Measures to Prevent the Spread of the Novel Coronavirus
The Hakone Open-Air Museum has been temporarily closed since April 8, 2020, but will be reopening on Monday, June 8, after taking adequate measures based on government and other guidelines for preventing the spread of the novel coronavirus.
Please check the following measures at the museum when you visit.
In addition, in order to prevent the spread of infections, some facilities are closed, as indicated below.
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
〇 Suspended Services
- Audio guides
- Guided tours
〇 Facilities that may limit the number of people when busy
- Picasso Pavilion
※ The above is subject to change depending on the situation.
The latest information will be posted to the museum’s website.
Measures to Prevent the Spread of the Novel Coronavirus
The Hakone Open-Air Museum asks visitors to observe the following in order to prevent the spread of infectious diseases, including the novel coronavirus. Thank you for your understanding, as these requests are for the health and safety of visitors and staff members.
☐ Requests to visitors
- If you have a fever or are feeling unwell, please refrain from coming to the museum.
- Please come to the museum wearing a mask (visitors who are not wearing a mask will not be allowed to enter).
- Please disinfect or wash your hands thoroughly.
- Please cooperate with social distancing by maintaining a safe distance from others.
- In order to prevent infection, please do not touch the works or exhibition cases.
☐ Museum’s measures
- In order to prevent droplet transmission, we have set up partitions at the sales counter and information desk.
- Disinfectant is available in various parts of the museum. Please feel free to use it.
- Staff members wear masks and face shields.
- Places that tend to be touched are disinfected frequently.